current thoughts

So now that i am in the full swing, I guess that i want to talk about Dan Hsu leaving 1up this week. I am obsessed with the podcasts that 1up puts out every week an I base a lot of my gaming purchases on the reviews of those from the 1up network. let me just say, this sucks butt. Dan was the single greatest B-grade internet celebrity achievement whore the world had ever known. i mean this guy would pour hours and hours into a crappy game like Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer for a measly 15 achievement points. What the hell? that has to be borderline masochistic.
On a somewhat lighter note, he wrote one of the greatest blog posts i have read in recent memory, all about what it takes to get into the games industry (which i hope to do one day, i will link to it at the bottom). All in all, Dan you will be greatly missed, that is until you show up as a rep for bungie.

Dan Hsu's how to get paid for writing about games...

1 comments:

Katie R said...

I love you and I am proud of you...